Wednesday, August 6, 2008

What were they thinking?

O.K. I am sure you all have heard about some goings ons of late between our beloved Brett Favre and our beloved Packers. But, as much as I love both Brett and the Packers, I have to say....What the heck are you all thinking?!?! Back in March, when we were shocked to learn Favre had decided to retire despite the wonderful season he and the Packers had, we could never have expected that we would now end up here a mere 5 months later. First of all, I thought then, as many did, that Favre made the wrong decision. I really didn't think we saw Favre play his last game. But, I never in a million years thought he would unretire only to be traded. Are you kidding me? It was hard enough seeing Favre retire in March when our team was finding magic again. But now to see Favre go to another team. That just twists the knife. And not just a little twist, a 360 degree full circle twist while pushing down with all ones might on the knife. After 16 years, both Favre and the Packers have given Packer fans a huge slap in the face. This is ridiculous. Now I understand Rodgers has been patient and this was suppose to be his time, and I still like the guy. But Brett Favre deserves to come back and play in Green Bay. What's one more year Aaron? Sure, the Packers organization eventually welcomed Brett back with "open arms" and said he could have a shot at being starting quarterback again, but they should have done that in the beginning. When word first broke that Favre wanted to unretire, I never in a million thought the Packers would make unretiring sooo difficult. I see the difficulty that would cause initially, but come on, it's Brett. He's given the Packers, Packer fans, and football fans in general soooo much. Deal with it. Figure it out. But bring him back. And to Brett on that matter. They eventually gave in, so take it. Let go of the ego!!!! Get over it!!!! Don't abandon your fans who want you back soooo bad. A Jet. You're a Jet now. Come on. Do you really want to listen to J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets all day every Sunday. Couldn't they come up with a better chant than that? I mean really. O.K. Yes I am bitter. Yes I am angry. But that doesn't change the fact that they have the most stupid chant ever. And also, they seem to be lacking in the intelligence department!!! How can you want to associate with them, Brett!?! They call themselves the New York Jets, yet they don't even play or practice in NY, according to Sports Center last night. They flippin' play in New Jersey. Do you really think you have a shot at another ring now Favre? When the Packers go to the Super Bowl this year, you are going to regret not checking your ego at the door. Especially since the Jets aren't even going to make it to the playoffs. O.K. Enough with my angry rant. For the last 16 years I have cheered for you faithfully, so I am just so sad to see you leave. It feels like such a betrayal. But, also, I think you are again making the wrong move. But it's your mistake to make I guess. So, I guess I have to deal with it, accept it, and move on just like you did. I just hope someday all the good memories of your time with the Packers will no longer be clouded by all of this and that your name can regain a large percentage of what it use to mean to me. So with that, good luck Brett. Enjoy Jersey!!!! And now more than ever I hope the Packers go to the Super Bowl! Go Pack Go!

No comments: